Quotes

"And I hope she's a fool. That's all a girl can be in this world- a beautiful, little fool" - Daisy Buchanan


Don't cling to things because everything is impermanent- Morrie

“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” - John Greene


Sunday, October 20, 2013

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Part Dos

This novel seems to have a lot of mystery and surprises in it. One of the things that I found surprising so far is actually the way Lisbeth fights back with her new guardian. I know Lisbeth is not the kind of women to let someone control her like that for too long. I did not expect her to do the things that she did do to him. I expected her to just record it and black mail him with it. She took it a step farther though and this was the shocking part to me. She basically tortured him the same way he did to her, which I found surprising. How could you ever do that to someone? It's just gruesome and unheard of. I do not want to go too much into detail about what they did to each other but he raped her and abused her and she did to the best to her ability the same thing back to him. Both scenes are definitely not the best scenes in the book but they are important. Although what she did to him wasn’t right I was glad she took a stand for herself and defended herself instead of letting him walk all over her. She showed for once the strength of a woman in this book. Throughout this novel women are usually downgraded and seen as victims but in this scene it changed. Men were shown as weak. The fact that Lisbeth had the physical and mental strength to do that to this guy was surprising to me too. Later on in the novel you find out that this isn’t the first time she has stood up against another man. The other man that she happened to stand up against was her father. The only reason she found courage to do it though was because of her mother. He was abusing her mother physically and mentally and she didn’t like it at all. Lisbeth decided one day that it was enough and lit him on fire. Also what was surprising to me was that their missing woman wasn't even missing or dead. She was hiding. I'm usually really good at guessing situations like that in movies but in this book it came as a kind of shock for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment