Quotes

"And I hope she's a fool. That's all a girl can be in this world- a beautiful, little fool" - Daisy Buchanan


Don't cling to things because everything is impermanent- Morrie

“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” - John Greene


Friday, December 13, 2013

The Shinning

Sadly I have not gotten around to actually finish this lovely book yet because me and my father have had nightly quarrels over who gets the kindle or not and lately he's been winning. Any who, I only have twenty percent left so I'm close to finishing it. This book makes me want to read all of Stephen Kings books because of how scary this book actually is. The images are so surreal with the way he describes the women in the bathtub coming out and grabbing at little Danny's neck, or the bushes changing positions every time Jack or Danny looked behind their shoulder. It gives me shivers up my spine, but I love it. What has been bothering me though is Jack's character. I can not relate to him what so ever , and I think that I dislike him very much. He denies the fact that he is going insane and the Overlook isn't helping very much. How can you sit there and watch your precious son get hurt over and over again and still make excuses about it. I know his alcoholism hasn't helped much either. In fact it's the only reason I even understand him a little bit. The timing of going of the hotel during that winter didn't help because I don't think he was sober long enough to go through something like this. The mix of this creepy and crazy hotel and the alcoholism has made him consider more than once whether to kill his own wife and son or not. King has made me in love with Danny even though he's only a character in book. He seems like one of the smartest, most determined and loving kid characters I have read about lately. I think that's why I despise his father so much because in my opinion I don't think he tries hard enough to fight for him and fight enough to keep his family and sanity together. Danny is such a daddy's boy and loves him so much and Jack in my opinion just takes advantage of it. Wendy is even jealous of how much Danny loves him even after everything that Jack has done before and during their stay at the Overlook. I do feel like eventually when I do finish this book that maybe Jack's character will make a little more sense. I can not wait to finish this book finally and move on to his new one Doctor Sleep .

No comments:

Post a Comment