Quotes

"And I hope she's a fool. That's all a girl can be in this world- a beautiful, little fool" - Daisy Buchanan


Don't cling to things because everything is impermanent- Morrie

“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” - John Greene


Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Doctor Sleep

I am not that far in this book yet but so far so good. I thought it was funny seeing Danny all grown up and acting exactly like his father. Drinking every night and going out and starting trouble. I thought it was interesting how he does not like his "shinning" anymore. Instead of embracing it , he ignores it . He does not think of it as a gift anymore. It is more like a curse now. It does not surprise me that he has become more like his father with all that had happened at the hotel. Also drinking does help his "shinning" die down a little. I feel like as I read more of the book , Danny will realize how much he is being like his father and stop it one way or another. I also thought it was funny how when he was in the one women's apartment and he meet the women's kid that he asked what the cocaine was. I hope that this book gets creeper or more scary eventually too because that is why I enjoyed "The Shinning" so much. This book has a slow start so that is why I have not gotten that far in it , but I feel like it will pick up eventually. I was also confused at the beginning of the book. I could not tell if the side story was apart of this book or apart of another one of King's books. I've also been reading "Salem's Lot" in class when I do not have my "Doctor Sleep" and that one is good so far. It has a slow start to it also in my opinion. But overall I can't wait to get more into this book and see where King takes me next.

1 comment:

  1. it is a wild ride-King always surprises me even when I think I know what is going on.
    And the blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete