Quotes

"And I hope she's a fool. That's all a girl can be in this world- a beautiful, little fool" - Daisy Buchanan


Don't cling to things because everything is impermanent- Morrie

“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” - John Greene


Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tuesday's with Morrie part 2

As a teenager, these subjects that were discussed in this book was sometimes beyond my comprehension. I understand that in life that everyone dies and we all move on eventually, but everything leading up to it I have not even thought about yet. It has not crossed my young because in my head I am so young that death is far away for me, but in reality it is not. Death is right around the corner for everyone. It is bound to happen at some point. That is a strange concept to think about at the age of eighteen. I believe that even when I am sixty that will be strange to think about. Unlike Morrie, I do not fully belief that when my time comes I will be as ready as he was. I am glad I read this book though. I recommend it to every high schooler and anyone older also. It is a book where reality hits you and hits you hard, but it is helpful. Because of the concepts in this book I have learned to put down my phone more when I am around people and actually talk to my family members at dinner instead of being on Twitter and Instagram all the time. I try to text less and call more if I can because I believe that verbal communication is lacking in our generation. I try this new thing called eye contact more instead of looking on my computer or phone when I am interacting with people. This book has really changed my outlook on my second half of senior year also. It has taught me to enjoy things while I can for as long as I can. Morrie had so much wisdom in one little human being and I am glad Mitch Album decided to share it with the world. I am glad I read this book and it opened my eyes to many things. I recommend you read if you have not yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment